Healthy Eating for Best Knee Pain Treatment
Being in a dynamic and fast-moving world, it is no shocker that your body might experience some form of nagging joint pain or the other. Our connective tissues, bones, and joints especially the knees, are highly prone to wear and tear when subjected to high pressure. Knee pain is one of the most common issues that affect patients every year.
If you happen to have been experiencing knee pain lately, it is vital to know the underlying reason and seek the best knee pain treatment. Generally, excessive weight gain puts pressure, deficiency of Vitamin D, past injuries, arthritis, lack of exercise, and overexertion can result in knee pain. Other than the reasons mentioned above, your diet also plays a major role. Certain foods can trigger inflammation that may cause trouble for people who are prone to such form of pain.
Here’s what you can eat and avoid to help reduce food-induced inflammation.
- Green Tea is your cup of tea!— A cup of Chai is something we all dote on. However, if possible, you can switch your milk tea with Green Tea to combat knee pain. Green tea has polyphenols and antioxidants that reduce inflammation and slow cartilage destruction. Green tea also has another antioxidant called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which blocks the production of molecules that cause joint damage in people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Calcium-rich foods: Milk, yoghurt, spinach, etc should be consumed daily as it helps in depositing calcium in weakened bone structures.
- Ginger and Garlic: Apart from making curries tasty beyond measure, ginger and garlic hold anti-inflammatory properties and help reduce symptoms of knee pain or progressing arthritis.
- Fatty Fish: Fatty fish is high in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, which combatsthe severity of knee pain and reduces inflammation.
- Grapes and Berries: Joint pain and arthritis-based markers can be reduced by consuming grapes and berries as they are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Don’t overdo Dairy Products- Dairy products don’t sit well with everyone. One of the risks with dairy products is that the high amount of protein ends up irritating the tissues around the joints. Hence, it’s advisable that you consume them in moderation.
- Avoid Corn Oil- Corn Oil contains omega 6 fatty acids. Replacing it with fish oil, or any oil rich in Omega 3 can help protect your joints and heart at the same time.
How to make your Knee Pain Treatment more Effective
While food is one major component in controlling your knee pain, you should definitely consult the best doctor in knee pain treatment for starting effective medication. Medicine and food coming together aid in reducing further damage. While dieticians and doctors do their bit, you can work on improving your condition by incorporating these elements into your lifestyle.
- Avoid resting too much. While you shouldn’t be always on the move and relax your muscles and knees, not moving at all doesn’t help either. Taking excessive rest weakens the muscles and joints. This can worsen joint pain and reduce the weight carrying capacity of your knees.
- Don’t let yourself fall. When knee pain has become a prominent part of your life, it doesn’t harm if you stay extra cautious while roaming around. Knee Pain happens when knee joints start experiencing erosion due to different reasons. In such a situation, it’s best if you practice agile movement and avoid harsh injuries to your knees.
- Step in the Correct Shoe!— What you wear creates a lot of impact on the health of your feet in subtle ways. Your footwear can make or break the situation. It’s a known fact that cushioned insoles in your shoes lighten your feet and cut down the stress on your knees.
- If you’re overweight, your knee pain is an indicator to start reducing your weight. Watch your weight as in many cases, heavyweight creates more pressure on the knees. Talk to your doctor and find out if you’re weight is alright according to BMI. If not, and you classify as overweight, starting a combination of exercise and diet will help secure you against many long-term complications.
- There is no harm in taking the support. Using a cane or a crutch depending upon the severity of your knee pain shouldn’t be a problem, especially if you are on the older side of the spectrum. This little act takes off the stress from knee joints, making walking around easy.
- Though it’s not medically proven, taking hot showers or sitting in a hot water tub can help you on days of acute knee pain. Hot water baths help relax and are known to reduce anxiety and stress.
If you’re someone searching for a knee pain treatment in Delhi, your search ends right here. Get in touch with us and we’ll help you with your knee pain treatment journey.