Hypertension Treatment: Here is what our Nutritionist has to say!
Hypertension i.e. High Blood Pressure is easily the most common but preventable condition in which the force of blood against the artery walls, in the long run, can eventually lead to heart attack or even a stroke. A survey suggests that over 1 billion people around the globe have been diagnosed with hypertension.
While the data and the condition sound alarming, one must know that making changes in lifestyle, especially modifications in the diet, is the crucial hypertension treatment. A healthy diet plan rich in potassium and magnesium is vital in order to maintain optimal levels and lower blood pressure.
Why consult a dietician for combating Hypertension?
Hypertension is a risky affair despite anyone telling you otherwise. As of today, almost every other person is either on the verge of developing hypertension issues or already has hypertension. But what exactly makes it dangerous? It can cause heart attack, hardening, and thickening of muscle arteries, and lead to cardiovascular problems in the long run.
If you’re someone struggling with hypertension issues, we strongly suggest you consult a nutritionist for regulating your high blood pressure. Meanwhile, let’s take a look at these quick hacks that can help you manage hypertension issues.
- The ‘DASH’ Diet- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) is the latest rage among suggested treatments by dieticians for hypertension. This diet demands small servings from various food groups that aim at reducing saturated fats and most importantly, Sodium. The number of servings can change depending on person to person and your calorie requirements. Consulting a dietician for a customized, well-suited DASH diet plan can help you curb your blood pressure effectively in 2-3 weeks.
- One of the key ingredients to take care of is salt. Salt consumption is the most overrated activity. Do you know that by monitoring and limiting your salt consumption, you could even reach a point where you don’t need regular medication for hypertension?The problem is that people usually go reckless when it comes to this and end up consuming much more salt than required. This is dangerous in the case of hypertension and can lead to further complications.
- Say ‘Yes’ to a Heart-Healthy Diet- Increasing your intake of fruits, and vegetables, and lowering fat content consumption can have a huge impact on regulating hypertension.For example, eating five portions of vegetables and fruits could marginally reduce blood pressure.Foods high in dietary fiberlike whole-grainbread, cereals, pasta, fresh fruit, and vegetables will protect your heart and regulate hypertension.
- Say ‘No’ to Tobacco and Alcohol- Alcohol consumption is alright till taken within limits but regular alcohol consumption is also known to spike blood pressure. Tobacco is also known to create complications by causing renovascular hypertension. It’s best if you are able to stop alcohol and tobacco as consuming both is a deadly combination that increases your chances of heart-related issues.
- Working Out- Get active. Hypertension is a tricky situation. While hyperactivity can be dangerous, not being active at all is equally problematic. Get consistent with your efforts. If you are someone who is already into a sedentary lifestyle, that’s great! However, if not, don’t worry. Small activities like choosing stairs over a lift, walking to shops nearby, etc are small yet effective ways that will help you get out of the couch. Don’t be a couch potato. Get moving.
- Deep Sleep- In today’s hectic lifestyle, de-stressing is crucial. Proper rest aids in maintaining blood pressure. Sleep is an important factor when it comes to rest. Not getting enough sleep intervenes with body functioning and induces issues. Therefore, it’s important to sleep for at least 8 hours. Sleep and hypertension are more of a cause-effect relationship. Hence, sleeping more, or, less, is something you need to pay attention to.
- Smile More, Cry Less- Hahaha! This one’s pretty simple. Stress inadvertently affects hypertension. Therefore, it’s rudimentary to curb stress levels. If you’re someone who is in a high-pressure job or hasan energy – consuming lifestyle, managing stress has to be your go-to option. Try to make time for any one activity on a regular basis that makes you happy, help you relax, and perhaps, helps you sleep. This way, you can fight through environmental triggers that affect hypertension.
Hypertension is more related to lifestyle than you think. Hence, the first step that you can take is to go and see a nutritionist for high blood pressure. Your doctor and dieticians can help you figure out varieties of food that spike or reduce your blood pressure levels. This way you can make sure that you do not become vulnerable to any dietary risks surrounding hypertension.If you’re on the lookout for hypertension treatment in Delhi, check us out! Let us help you through your journey to better health and a better life.